Summer Reading Challenge website
- Client: The Reading Agency
- Project duration: 2012–ongoing
- Project skills: Rails, CMS, HTML, CSS
- Visit site
In 2012 we were asked by the Reading Agency to design and build a new website for the Summer Reading Challenge, a yearly programme that encourages children to keep reading during the summer holidays. Since then, we have updated the website every year with new functionality, and the yearly ‘theme’.
The website has three main elements:
- The Book Sorter, an interactive tool to recommend books that other children have read.
- A user account system, allowing children to log the 6 (or more) books they have read each summer, and earn badges
- A database of books to power both of the two items above
Since the website and backend systems were first built, we have refined and added extra functionality, including games, book reviews and much more.